Sending system alert messages (intercom)
As an administrator, you can send audio alerts to all rooms simultaneously. Use cases for this intercom feature include:
- Emergencies affecting one or more office locations
- Outages of critical internal services
- Reminding employees of the start of a company meeting or event
To send a system alert using the intercom feature:
- Ensure you are logged in an administrator. Guest users cannot send system alerts using the intercom feature.
- From the dialer, enter "intercom" (instead of a normal room name).
- Once you enter the intercom function, click the keypad icon
- When prompted, be prepared to speak your message and press #. You will be given the option to press 1 to send the recording, 2 to review it, or 3 to rerecord it.
- Once you press 1, the message will be broadcast, along with an alert tone, to all rooms with active participants — except those rooms where the moderator has set "avoid interruptions" from the Rooms tab in the Settings submenu.
➤ Next: Podcasts on SignalWire Work